Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Unemployment......

is fabulous!! I may not think that if we didn't have a bunch of money saved, but I think I'll get used to not working pretty quick. This last week before we leave has been filled with last minute preparations, tying up loose ends, and spending time with/talking to family and friends that we won't see for awhile. Yesterday we actually packed our packs which went MUCH better than expected, we didn't have to leave anything behind that we wanted! To pack we actually put my pack inside of Jason's in order to save space, save money on checked baggage fees, and make sure our packing stayed under control. We also both have a small backpack we'll carry on the plane, but at this point it all fits! Jason will post pictures of the packing endeavor later. I still have a couple of items I need to get and fit though so hopefully it still works! For those of you that are wondering, here's a little list of clothing I'm bringing:

5 tshirts/athletic shirts
1 pr. convertible pants (they're pants, capris, and shorts, and are amazing!)
1 skirt
1 pr. running shorts (we'll see if I actually ever run)
1 lightweight pullover
1 rain jacket
6 pr. underwear
3 pr. socks
flip flops, sport sandals, and tennis shoes

And that's about it! I need another bottom or 2 which I'm still figuring out, but if you see me wearing the same thing in every picture you know why. We'll do laundry in our room a lot in the sink, and sometimes pay to actually use a washing machine. I'm pretty excited for now makeup, blowdryers, or heels. This week I've been dressing up though since I won't get to for a year :) That's about it for now, it's kind of a sad week with all of the good-byes, but this time next week I'll be in Vietnam!

2 comments:

  1. Im just curious which skirt made the pack?! "The" jean skirt seems a little too bulky... maybe the rainbow one? Be safe!! and we need to chat again before you actually leave.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course it's the rainbow one :) Watch out for it in pictures! I'll give you a call tonight!

    ReplyDelete